Keeping you safe

.I’m a Registered Member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) (Register number 180279) and as part of the contract of membership I agree to adhere to the BACP Ethical Framework. Click here to dowload a PDF of the full version.

Safeguarding and Confidentiality

It is my responsibility as a member of the public, and as a professional when I work as a counsellor to report concerns I have for the safety or wellbeing of yourself or your child(ren). If I believe there is a significant risk to yourself or another adult or child then it may be necessary for me to break confidentiality. I will assess any potential risk with you in the first place, and if necessary and appropriate another member of your family, for
example your partner. If I feel that you require additional support then I will consult with my own clinical supervisor, and if necessary a professional such as your Health Visitor, GP or a Social Work Team. I will assess each concern on its own merits, and I will keep you informed throughout the process where I can.

To keep you and your child(ren) well supported I may signpost you to other organisations who may be better equipped to help you.


Before we start sessions together we will agree to a contract. This ensures that we are both clear from the beginning and helps promote a good working relationship. The contract will set out what I will offer to you as a Counsellor in terms of times, number of sessions, location (currently all online), the types of therapy I use, the limits to my confidentiality, how we may contact each other between sessions.

The contract will also include agreed fees, methods of payment and a cancellation policy.

Please see contract template for further information. This will be personalised during our free consultation.

Concerns & Complaints

If at any point you are unhappy with the service provided by Mothership Counselling Services/Keeley Craw you have the right to express your concern or complain. Initially any concern or complaint should be taken to Keeley Craw for discussion. If after this conversation you feel unsatisfied you may take your concern or complaint to BACP and use their ‘Ask Kathleen’ service.